What to Know Before You Go3rd Grade
- Retell stories with facts and details.
- Use the story to figure out the meaning of words.
- Make use of such strategies as compare and contrast, main idea, cause and effect, making predictions, point of view, inference and steps in a sequence of events.
- Know and apply grade level phonics, prefixes, and suffixes, decode multi-syllable words, and irregularly spelled words.
- Use context and refer to parts of stories to confirm or self-correct.
- Use place value to describe whole numbers between 10 and 1,000 in terms of hundreds, tens and ones using place value, including the use of rounding, comparing and estimating.
- Add and subtract double digit whole numbers with borrowing.
- Demonstrate fluency with addition and subtraction facts.
- Use time, money and measurements to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
- Collect, organize, display and interpret data.