What to Know Before You Go
- Spell and write their name correctly using uppercase and lowercase letters appropriately.
- Read and write whole numbers up to 20.
- Identify all upper and lowercase letters and produce their sounds.
- Recognize and produce rhymes.
- Read all Kindergarten sight words fluently
- Independently tie their shoes
- Use a number line to count one more or one less.
- Count by 1's, 5's, and 10's up to 100.
- Identify all coins and know their value.
- Listen attentively and follow two step directions.
- Write first and last name with proper letter formation.
- Read 55 words per minute at a 2nd grade reading level.
- Write a complete sentence with correct spacing, capital letter and punctuation.
- Blend letter sounds to sound out words.
- Retell a story using facts and details to show understanding of teh story.
- Know addition and subtraction facts 0-10.
- Tell time to the hour and half hour.
- Identify and know value of each coin.
- Skip count by 2's, 5's, and 10's.
- Show independence by tying shoes, zipping a jacket, and be responsible for daily necessary work/items.