CHS/CMS FALL ACTIVITIES 2019
Please read the following information on sports offered at Cloquet for student’s grade 7 through 12 for the 2019 fall season. Most will begin prior to the school year starting, so it is crucial you get the right information so your student can take advantage of all the great opportunities we offer them. All papers required for participation are available on the Cloquet Public Schools web page (www.isd94.org) under the Activities Tab. If you have any specific questions, please contact the Coach for each sport (phone numbers/emails will be listed at the end of each description). For general inquiries, contact the Cloquet High School Activities Office at 878-3026 or email: [email protected]
- Each student must have a current physical examination form on file before practicing. Athletic physicals are good for three years. Local clinics have the form; inform them that you need an athletic physical and request that they use the MSHSL physical form. The physical form is also available online on the school website isd94.org or at CHS. If you already have a current physical form on file with us, then you do not need to do anything.
- The MSHSL Eligibility form including the Cloquet High School and Cloquet Middle School Eligibility Policies are available from your coach, the Activities Office at Cloquet Senior High School or on the Cloquet Public Schools webpage. These forms must be filled out once each year. Forms can be submitted online. Link will be provided on the activities page of the website (Google Form: https://goo.gl/forms/1tx7FIgtqXC5xfFp2. If you are unable to submit online, return the physical forms to the Activities Office where they will be on
- All Middle School activities listed under Section B will be paid for at the Middle School Office according to the fee listed. All activities listed under Section A are considered High School activities and must be paid at the High School Activities Office according to the fee schedule listed. Please read the Activity Fee Policy attached to this letter carefully. All activity fees are reduced for families who are participating in the free and reduced lunch program. Fees can now be paid online with a credit card through the infinite campus parent portal. All fees must be paid by the first contest to be eligible to
- Information about practices and games will be given to you during the first week of practice. Please read these carefully. If you or your parents have questions, please contact the coach. They should be able to answer more specific questions about practice length and times, bus departure/return times, ect.
- CROSS COUNTRY RUNNING:
Practice will begin on Monday, August 12th at Pine Valley at 8:00 AM for Varsity Runners and Middle School runners that are interested in practicing with the varsity team. MS runners that cannot start on August 12th will receive information during your first week of school. Please contact the coach if you plan to participate but are unable to attend on the first day. Any questions please contact Coach Chandra Allen at 391-4312 or email: [email protected]
- GIRLS TENNIS
Captain’s practice (optional) will begin on Monday, August 5th at 3:30 PM at the Cloquet High School tennis courts. Any returning or new player is strongly encouraged to attend these pre-season workouts. Regular practice will begin on Monday, August 12th at 3:30 PM at the CHS tennis courts. Any Cloquet, Esko, Carlton girl in grades 7 - 12 interested in joining tennis should be present. Everybody should bring appropriate clothing, a racquet and a water bottle.
If you have any questions, please contact Coach Derek Johnson at 218-390-0580 or email: [email protected]
- BOYS SOCCER
Tryouts for all boys grade 8-12 will be on August 12th 8:30-10:30 AM & 2:00-4:00 PM and August 13th from 8:30 – 11 AM. Practice will be start on August 14th from 8:30 AM until 11:00 AM at the Hilltop soccer complex. Please come ready to play (water bottle, shin guards, appropriate socks, running shoes, and a soccer ball). If you have any questions contact Coach Dave Bergan at 218-879-3393, Ext 1201 or email: [email protected]
- GIRLS SOCCER
Tryouts will be held at Hilltop Field #3 the week of August 12th from 8:00 AM to Noon. Please bring running shoes, Soccer ball, shin pads, cleats, lots of water and a healthy snack. Remember to invite your soccer playing friends!
Captain’s practice (optional) will be Monday – Friday, July 29th to August 9th from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM at Hilltop Field 3.
If you have any questions, please contact Coach Dustin Randall at 879-3393 ext. 1002 or email: [email protected]
- FOOTBALL: GRADES 7 & 8
Players should report to the Washington Field House on either Tuesday, August 20th or Thursday, August 22nd for equipment fitting and pickup. We will have coaches staffed from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM to issue equipment. Any players unable to make it either of these days will have to get equipment on the first day of practice. Practice starts for all 7th & 8th grade players on Monday, August 26th from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Come prepared to practice that day. Practices will run from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM Monday through Thursday from August 27th through the start of school. Once school starts practice will run from 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM. We will provide all protective gear except football shoes and socks. Forms can also be filled out at the first day of practice. Middle school office hours are 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
Please contact Coach Tim Prosen with any questions at 218-879-3393 (Ext 1206) or email: [email protected]
- FOOTBALL: GRADES 9 - 12
All 9-12 players will meet on Thursday, August 8th at 6:00 PM at Cloquet High School (weight room). Equipment, lockers, paperwork, and fundraiser cards will be handed out to players. Football practice will start on Monday, August 12th with two a day practices starting at 9:00 AM & ending at 12:30 PM.
Any specific questions please contact Coach Tom Lenarz at 879-3328 (Ext 2103) or email: [email protected]
- GIRLS SWIM & DIVE TEAM
Captain’s practice will start on July 29th from 9 AM to 11 AM at Pinehurst Park. Bring tennis shoes, water bottle & towel. First day of practice will be Monday, August 12th from 4:30 – 6:30 PM at the CMS Pool. Bring a one-piece swimsuit, goggles & swim cap. Swim and dive team is open to all 7-12 grade girls from Cloquet, Esko & Carlton. There will not be cuts unless it is deemed necessary by the coach. Join the CEC High School Girls Swimming on Facebook for important updates. For further questions, please contact Coach Rachel Peterson at 715-558-8463 or email: [email protected]
- VOLLEYBALL: GRADES 7 & 8
Practice for girls entering 7th and 8th grades starts Monday, August 19th at the High School gym. Practice will run from 3:45-5:15 PM. Athletes should wear a t-shirt, shorts, socks and shoes, kneepads & bring a water bottle. Uniform t-shirt fee is $15. Activity fee & uniform t-shirt fee are to be paid to the Middle School office. Girls must provide their own solid black spandex for games. There will be a parent meeting on Thursday, August 22nd following practice outside the CHS gym near the concession stand at 5:15 PM. There are no tryouts for the 7th and 8th grade teams, but players must have at least 10 practices in before they are eligible to play in their first game. For any MS volleyball questions contact 7th & 8th grade Coach – Jennifer Gagner [email protected] or (701) 367-5894.
- VOLLEYBALL: GRADES 9 – 12
C-team, JV & Varsity team tryouts are Monday, August 12th through Wednesday, August 14th from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM & 1:00-3:00 PM. We will take a lunch break, so please bring a healthy lunch, snacks, and a water bottle. Players are expected to stay at school during this break. C-Team, JV & Varsity practice begins Thursday, August 16th 9:00 AM-12:00 PM & 1:00-3:00 PM. Tryouts and practices are held at the Middle School gym. Be ready to play with athletic shorts, t-shirt, kneepads, and volleyball shoes. Players entering grades 8-12 are eligible to try out for the C-team, JV & Varsity teams. There will be a mandatory parent & player meeting for athletes interested in trying out for these teams on Monday, July 29th at 5:30 PM in the CHS Cafeteria. Players in grade 8 who do not wish to try out for one of these teams will start practice on Monday, August 19th. For any questions, please contact Varsity Coach Heidi Anderson at [email protected] or 879-3308 x 4114.