Cloquet School District Open Enrollment Procedures
The Cloquet School District is pleased that you are considering applying for admission under the provisions of our state’s enrollment options program which allows students to apply for enrollment to schools which are not in their resident district. The timeline for this “open enrollment” process for our school district is as follows:
- January 15: This is the first deadline for parents to apply for open enrollment to our school district. All applications received by this date will be considered for open enrollment according to the criteria listed in school district policy. If there are more student applications than open enrollment slots available, all eligible students will be put into a lottery which will be prioritized as listed in district policy.
- February 15: This is the date by which the District will make written notification to families as to whether their open enrollment application(s) are approved.
- March 1: Parents/guardians who have had their open enrollment applications approved must notify the Cloquet School District of their intent to enroll in the Cloquet School District by this date. Failure to do so may jeopardize their application(s).
You may find the information below helpful to you during the application process:
- District Policy #509 - Enrollment of Nonresident Students
- Open Enrollment Application forms (Please note: Enrollment applications that are not signed will not be processed.)
Students who are not accepted for open enrollment due to space limitations will be place on a waiting list according to their place as determined by our lottery process outlined in district policy.
Parents/guardians wishing to open enroll after the deadline may do so if open enrollment slots are available. If open enrollment slots are not available, students will be placed on a waiting list in the order of which their applications were received after the January 15th deadline. Applications received before the deadline will be processed before applications received after the deadline.
Enrollment Options Contact Information
Open Enrollment Applications should be returned in person, by mail or electronically to:
Cloquet School District
302 14th Street
Cloquet, MN 55720
* Bonnie Monfeldt at 218-879-6721, ext. 6204 or email: [email protected]
Thank you, again, for your interest in the Cloquet School District!